By now, you understand that there is a flurry of conversation around third-party cookies in Chrome and an anticipated deadline for cookie deprecation in early 2022. The industry is working through many potential solutions on how to approach this, including taking a few steps toward an omni-channel solution.
Where does this update leave the many media pixels you’ve relied on for years? Should you scrap them all and clear your website?
No, that’s far too drastic a measure. However, many of those pixels may no longer work as anticipated, leaving you with some decisions to make and testing to be conducted. I would venture to guess that most organizations haven’t reviewed what’s in place for some time. As new campaigns and strategies emerge, we as marketers have been great at adding new pixels for current needs, but not so great at indicating when they are no longer needed.
It’s time to do an audit, including the website(s) and the media channels that are utilizing cookie-level details to reach potential customers. An audit is critical to ensuring that your team can identify where your current strategies are vulnerable, where there is risk, and how to approach testing in 2021 and beyond.
But you aren’t alone! Ciceron is here to help you audit, organize, and get a plan together.
Within our pixel audit framework, we’ll work with you to determine the following:
- What types of cookies do you currently have in place?
- How dependent are current efforts on these placements?
- Are they still necessary?
- Will they continue to work in the same way in the months ahead?
- What other concerns should we be aware of?
- Which actions will you need to take in order to comply with the anticipated third-party cookie update?
- Creating a testing plan for strategies impacted by any change to your framework
Understanding impacts now will help you prepare for the months ahead. We can test and learn, optimize and push forward. Thoughtful planning and understanding will save you time, panic, and performance results.
Check out our services page for more details on how we can get started on an audit today.